At AESP, our mission is to nurture knowledgeable and skilled professionals in the energy field through providing top notch education. We believe that investing in training to equip professionals with the latest tools and knowledge, is the key to greater effectiveness and success, not just for your organization, but for the energy efficiency industry as a whole.
AESP offers a wide range of courses from an introduction to the energy industry, to demand-side management, marketing, evaluation, and much more. All our trainers are current practitioners in the field, who have a minimum of 10 years experience and have a passion for teaching.
Flexible Training Options
Provided at your facility, our trainers come to you. Your employees learn as a group and receive content that is customized for your organization. Combine two or more courses to create a curriculum that answers your organization’s unique needs.
Pre- and Post AESP Conference Training
A convenient and cost-effective option for you to obtain training while attending an AESP conference. Courses are offered in various cities throughout the year. Click here to see upcoming scheduled pre- or post-conference training courses.
For more information about the AESP Institute or to schedule an onsite training, contact Suzanne Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (480) 704-5900.
Training Course Descriptions
Understanding the Electric Utility Business Today and Tomorrow
- Understand the business structure, facilities, systems, hardware, components and operations of the electric utility industry today.
- Learn how utility decisions are made for the future
- Learn each level of utility regulation and how it is driving greater change in our industry
- Recognize the current industry issues and their likely impacts to utilities. Brochure
Introduction to the Principles of Demand-side Management
- Suitable for those new to the industry. Learn how Demand-side Management investments translate into long-term resources.
- Discover best practices from industry experts for building and delivering effective Demand-side Management portfolios.
- Understand how to launch or realign your Demand-side Management initiatives. Brochure
Introduction to the Principles of Evaluation, Measurement and Verification
- Learn how to conduct baseline studies, develop effective data collection methods and perform sampling using the best strategy.
- Understand the importance of using logic models and how they can be applied to your programs.
- Discover the differences between process evaluations, impact evaluations and market transformation. Brochure
DSM Program Manager Workshop - Utilities Only
- You will learn everything you need to know in order to research, plan, design, launch, market, evaluate and report on a DSM program.
-Workshop modules include: Needs assessment, Program Launch and Implementation, EM&V, Reporting, and much more! Brochure
How to Build, Implement and Evaluate a Customer Engagement Program
- Learn how to build a consumer insight approach with research, data, and analytics
- Plan and execute effective, engaging and personalized communications, including how to map the customer journey and touch points.
- Select the right key performance indicators to measure performance
- Plan and implement for optimum tracking, reporting and evaluability
- Organize companies and teams to support programs. Brochure
Behavior Change & Energy Efficiency Programs
- Understand why regulators, policymakers and program managers zero-in on behavior for improving existing programs, designing new programs and for meeting savings goals.
- Understand the various behavioral change theories from the perspective of the social sciences.
- Know how to integrate behavior strategies into programs, and the fundamentals of designing and planning behavior programs.Brochure
Strategic Marketing of your Energy Efficiency Programs
- Know how to set realistic program goals, establish metrics and perform market research.
- Learn how to identify and market to residential, low-income and C&I target markets.
- Determine how to use online media and social media to benefit your programs and build your company’s brand.Brochure
Leadership Training for Exceptional Team Performance
- Through key leadership models, practical exercises, and real life applications, attendees will become more self aware of their natural leadership preferences and styles.
- Learn how to better communicate with and motivate employees, and how to develop the skills and techniques essential to creating, inspiring and leading exceptional teams.Brochure
Critical Thinking - Enhance your Skills for Decision-making, Leadership and Communications
- Key areas of focus include learning, bias, reasoning, questioning, fallacy, the process of critical thinking and intellectual growth. Brochure
Selling Efficiency Effectively
- Learn how to sell the benefits of energy efficiency to stakeholders and potential partners.
- Anticipating and addressing myths and objections.
- Identifying and appealing to sector-specific and role-specific benefits.
- Calculating a project’s true return, including life-cycle cost where applicable.
- Distilling the costs/benefits into a concise one-page financial summary emphasizing the right metrics. Brochure
AESP is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).AESP complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, AESP is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
AESP trainers disclose in advance that they have no interest in any product, service, or material discussed during the course.This information is stated orally and in the training course handbook.