Scholarships available to attend Summer Conference
Monday, July 29, 2019
Posted by: Adeline Lui
New Professionals Scholarship Application
AESP SUMMER CONFERENCE
EEVOLUTION – Perspectives on Programs in North America
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
123 Queen St W, Toronto ON M5H 2M9
Aug 27 – 29, 2019
Deadline: August 12, 2019
Are you the next AESP scholarship recipient? Two scholarships are available for AESP’s 2019 Summer Conference. The scholarships INCLUDE registration for the conference, and if you’re not a member, we include a one-year membership (total value $1,040). PLUS, you will be assigned to a conference ambassador so you can learn, network, and fully experience AESP’s Summer Conference in Canada.
Qualifications for the New Professionals Scholarship are:
• 1-5 years of Energy Efficiency, Demand Response, and/or Smart Grid experience
• Must be working full time in any of the following energy-related areas: electric or natural gas utilities, co-ops/munis, regulatory or non-profit entities, public benefit groups, vendors, manufacturers, or consulting firms
• Have approval for travel to attend the conference. Note: travel and lodging costs are NOT included in this scholarship
• Scholarship recipients will be required to submit feedback to AESP on what was learned at the conference and how they benefit from it. Recipients may be asked to write an article for AESP, and/or post on social media
• Disclaimer: Please be aware that by submitting this application, you consent to your photo, video, name, and/or likeness being used, without compensation, in all media, whether now known or here after devised, for eternity, and you release AESP, It’s Successors, Assigns and Licensees from any liability whatsoever of any nature.
If you meet the above qualifications, apply for the scholarship by emailing the following information (please limit responses to 100 words per question), as well as a 50-word biography, to suzanne@AESP.ORG by August 12, 2019.
1. How did you first become interested in the energy industry?
2. In what other industries have you worked prior to the energy industry?
3. What other industry conferences (energy or non-energy) have you attended, and what was your level of participation (i.e. attendee, exhibitor, committee member, etc.)?
4. How do you plan to leverage the Summer conference to achieve your goals, both personal and professional?
6. You will be provided a conference ambassador so you can “jump right in”. What type of person do you prefer to be your mentor, any constraints? How do you plan on taking advantage of your mentor’s expertise?
7. I certify that my supervisor will allow travel time to this conference. His/her name is________________________ and can be reached at_________________________.
8. Include the following information so we can contact you, if selected.
CREATIVE BONUS QUESTION:
If you had unlimited resources, what is the ONE change you would make in the energy efficiency industry?