Arizona Public Service
The Southwest Chapter of the Association of Energy Services Professionals welcomes you! We are a group of professionals dedicated to improving the delivery and implementation of energy efficiency, energy management, and distributed renewable energy. Our group consists of energy professionals, utility staff, energy consultants, energy service providers, and even end users. The AESP Southwest Chapter offers members a friendly environment to network and engage industry professionals, share success stories, best practices, and address challenges. The AESP network offers members a vast network of industry professionals, training programs, national conferences, and supports the development of professional papers.
Come join the AESP team and become active in this exciting industry. Membership applications for this chapter are available to download. We hope to see you at an event near you soon and remember “the cheapest kilowatt hour is the one that doesn’t have to be generated in the first place.”
President – Alan Work, Evolve Technologies, LLC, email@example.com, 480-215-3061
Vice President – Roger Kliemisch, TRC Energy Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, 732-855-2897
Treasurer – Norma Elizondo, Evolve Technologies, email@example.com, 480-496-2294 x321
Secretary – David Bruder, Lockheed Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-568-9253
Chief Information Officer - Chris Baggett, Arizona Public Servic, Christopher.email@example.com, 602-250-2966
The SW Chapter of AESP is looking for candidates interested in serving in one of 2 open board positions? If you are interested in being considered for a leadership role, contact a member of the leadership team.
SW Chapter LinkedIn Page
News and Chapter Events
AESP Southwest Chapter In-person Meeting
Our next chapter meeting will be October 13th, 2pm (PT). Check out the Agenda!
Past Chapter Events
- AESP Southwest Chapter Conference Call - Wednesday, June 15th, 11:00am – 12:00pm (PT).
- AESP Southwest Chapter Happy Hour Event - Thursday, June 9th, 5:30pm – 7pm
- AESP Southwest Chapter Meeting was held on December 10, 2015 at the New Mexico Gas Headquarters
- On Friday, April 10th, the SW Chapter of AESP held their first call of 2015. View the notes from the meeting here. A sincere thanks to Roger Kliemisch from TRC who hosted the call, Marisa Ceppi from FirstFuel who presented a series of interesting case studies on various utility programs with which they are involved, the board, and everyone who attended. It was an interesting and energizing hour.
- On Wednesday, February 11th, we held our first meeting of 2015. The lunch meeting lasted a little over 60 minutes during a break at the National Conference. Our agenda was simple: introduce the new board, discuss the results of the survey that was conducted as part of the 2015-2016 planning for the chapter, and discuss the schedule of chapter events for 2015.
- The October membership meeting of the SW Chapter was a good one. I want to thank everyone that called in to participate in the discussion. The October meeting featured Nexant in the Company Spotlight and Solar City in the “What’s New in EE” segment. You can listen to the October meeting by using the link:
- In our August meeting Jeff Farlow with Pentair joined in to educate us on the world of pool pumps and the advantages of using variable speed pool pumps. Jeff’s presentation is attached for your review and I would encourage anyone that was not able to attend to listen to his presentation. It was very informative and filled with great information. In the Company Spotlight we featured Arizona Public Service and discussed the various energy efficiency and renewable energy programs they offer customers throughout Arizona.
- The June meeting featured Ecova in the company spotlight and we learned all about the Nest thermostat. You can listen to the June meeting by using the link:
- The April membership meeting of the SW Chapter was a good one. The meeting featured Lockheed Martin in the company spotlight and utility Prepay programs in the “What’s New in EE” segment. Bianca Antinore gave us a presentation detailing who Lockheed Martin was and the many areas where they do work. In addition to preforming work in areas of energy, Lockheed Martin is involved in emerging technologies, space, information technology, aerospace and defense. In “What’s new in EE” this month we featured the SRP and APS customer prepay programs. These programs represent a new approach utilities across the country are using to assist customers in saving energy. Thank you to Stephanie Berry with SRP and Sharon Connolly with APS for being our featured guest speakers.
- On February 12th Julianne Summerford joined us from TRC to speak on Multifamily EE programs. For anyone that didn’t have an opportunity to join us for the February meeting I have good news. We have the meeting recording available at the link:
- On December 18th the SW AESP Chapter hosted AESP members in Las Vegas Nevada at NV Energy. We had a great NV Regional Meeting that featured DNV-GL’s John Greco speaking on Energy Efficiency for Data Centers. DNV-GL was also featured in this month’s company spotlight where Jim Dodenhoff presented. A special thanks to Jim & John for presenting at our meeting and for the program they delivered. It was top notch and filled with great information. I am excited to report this month we were able provide a WebEx recording of our meeting. Our chapter is moving up in the technology world. Hopefully this will be something we will be able to continue to offer going forward. You can access the recorded meeting by using the following link:
- “What’s new in EE” features an energy efficiency related issue, new report, or research topic. This month we featured the white paper “Cryptic Barriers to Energy Efficiency” We are all familiar with the common barriers we face in implementing EE programs such as split incentives, burden of first cost, etc. This paper discusses other barriers to implementing energy efficiency that are not as obvious. By addressing these barriers with corrective action opens the door for Energy Efficiency to flourish in any market.
- Jan 29, 2013 - SW Chapter Meeting at AESP's National Conference
- Dec 12, 2012 - SW Chapter Conference Call
- Nov 28, 2012 - SW Chapter Conference Call
- Oct 31, 2012 Southwest Chapter Conference Call
- Oct 15, 2012 Southwest AESP Chapter Meeting
- Oct 3, 2012 Southwest Chapter Conference Call
- Sep 19, 2012 Chapter Membership Conference Call
Becoming a member is easy! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a member application. Chapter Members must be active AESP members and work in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico or Utah.