Name - Sarah Colvin
Company - Energy+ Inc.
Email - email@example.com
The Ontario (Canada) Chapter of AESP provides most of the 135 AESP members in Canada with an opportunity to network, socialize, and participate in discussions on topical energy issues. It was formally launched in May 2012 at an event in Toronto featuring Gord Miller, Environmental Commissioner of Ontario. Events are attended by a wide range of energy professionals: officials from all levels of government, employees from large and small utilities, energy consultants, educators, students, as well as staff from non-profit organizations. They give participants a chance to discuss opportunities and challenges in a casual setting that is both enjoyable and beneficial for professional development. If you are in Ontario or passing through Toronto and want to join us or want more information about this Chapter, please contact any member below:
President - Sarah Colvin, Energy+ Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President - Lenard Hart, Hydro One Brampton, email@example.com
Treasurer - Jeff Quint, Waterloo North Hydro, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary - Deborah Bullock, Enbridge Gas Distribution, email@example.com
Information Officer – Tim Sturgeon, Burman Energy Consultants Group, firstname.lastname@example.org
Events Director – Nathalie McLauchlin, PowerStream, Nathalie.email@example.com
Communications Director – Peter Rowles, Peter Rowles Consulting, firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn Group - https://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=6773775&trk=my_groups-tile-grp
News and Events
Save the Date - October 26, 2016
The AESP Ontario Chapter Fall Summit will be held in downtown Toronto during the afternoon and evening on Wednesday October 26th, 2016. We're partnering with BMW Canada to offer test drives, and talk about Driving Change Forward in the transportation sector. We've lined up best in class speakers for this exciting event.
We’ve got a full year of exciting events planned for our members. We’re working now to firm up details for a Fall event in the GTA. Our events, need volunteers so contact us if you’re interested in getting involved.
Without the generous support of our growing network of sponsors, the Ontario Chapter would not be able to continue offering quality events and support to members.
We would like to recognize our 2015 Annual Sponsors:
Burman Energy Consultants Group
Enbridge Gas Distribution
GDS Associates, Inc.
Independent Electricity System Operator
Niagara Peninsula Energy
Rushby Energy Solutions
- The Toronto Raptors, along with the Toronto Maple Leafs, make their home at the Air Canada Centre (ACC). And, Ontario Chapter members got a behind the scenes tour of ventilation, heating and cooling plants that control the climate for this 61780 m2 (or 665,000 sq. ft.) sports and entertainment venue. The ACC is already connected to Toronto’s innovative deep lake cooling system and currently spending $5.5 million to reduce their overall carbon footprint by 30%, divert 100% of waste from landfills, and reduce their already low gas and electricity use by a further 30% in the next 5 years. After the tour, some 60 participants were able to socialize and watch the game from one of the corporate gondola boxes.
- AESP celebrated its 25th Anniversary Summer Conference in Niagara Falls ON, and one of its newer chapters helped participants explore the tastes, sights and sounds of this wine growing region. Known for their creative social events, the Ontario Chapter of AESP hosted an evening event showcasing Ontario’s food, wine, and music. Broadly attended by members from across North America, the almost 200 person event was held at one of the region’s largest and oldest wineries. Featuring Canadian delicacies like poutine, maple smoked salmon, and Nanaimo bars, along with local red, white, and ice wines, the event was kept rocking with the sounds of a Canadian local cover band Silmaril, which includes an AESP member and the director of an Ontario utility. The evening was on the first night of the AESP Summer Conference, and provided the perfect atmosphere for networking, meeting colleagues, and indulging in the offerings of the Niagara Region.The evening was made possible with sponsorships from ecobee, Ecotagious, Enbridge Gas Distribution, Franklin Energy, Honeywell, ICF Canada, London Hydro, Niagara Peninsula Energy and Opower.
- AESP Ontario Spring Event - Conservation under Cap and Trade.
- Canadian night at the 2015 Conference was held at Minus 5 Ice Bar in Orlando. All who attended had a great time making new connections and creatively staying warm. Thank you to our sponsors, Summerhill, London Hydro and ecobee.
- An intimate group gathered to hear about recent lighting upgrades at LCBO stores across Ontario and sample some local VQA wines at the Summerhill LCBO. Sonepar graciously sponsored the event.
- Members were invited to attend a behind the scenes tour of Ripley’s Aquarium in Toronto followed by an evening of networking at Canada’s greenest independent brewery, Steam Whistle. Thanks to CLEAResult who sponsored this event.
- Members who were able to join us in San Diego as the 2014 National Conference were treated to dinner at Café Sevilla and attended our AGM over the noon hour.
- Harvesting Ideas: Ontario AESP’s Fall 2013 event was held in Kitchener and focused on the startup tech sector and growing ideas. Thanks to all who attended and our sponsors!
- Capturing the Energy in Niagara: Ontario AESP Chapter's Energy Industry Round Table Mixer was held on May 30, 2013.
- The Ontario Chapter held it's first election.
- The Ontario Chapter’s first meeting attracted about 50 members last November to the breezy rooftop patio of The Thompson Hotel, where good food and drinks were matched inside by the company, conversations and view (see photo). Erika Lontoc introduced the organization, its first Executive, and 2012 goals of building a networking organization dedicated to promoting the energy-efficiency profession and its various programs in Ontario. Most of the work so far has taken place by conference call, including planning for the May 3 launch event and providing local support for the AESP Summer Conference this July 30-31 at the Toronto Downtown Marriott.
- The first open meeting of the Ontario Chapter went far beyond expectations. There was representation from all parts of the sector – electricity and gas utilities, Ministry of Energy, evaluators, implementers, consultants, regulator, marketers, supply chain… From the speaker (Gord Miller, the Environmental Commissioner of Ontario) to the venue (Bier markt in downtown Toronto) the planning and delivery were superb.