Name - Jim Armstrong
Company - Lockheed Martin
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chicago chapter of the Association of Energy Services Professionals (AESP) provides a platform for members, users of energy services and interested professionals to discuss current and emerging energy related issues in Chicagoland. The Chapter’s quarterly meetings and additional gatherings serve as a forum to bring stakeholders together to discuss AESP and industry trends. Chapter events are attended by professionals from a variety of backgrounds, including facility managers, utilities, consultants, non-profits, students, and contractors.
If you are interested in becoming a member or have questions about our Chapter, please contact Jim Armstrong, Chapter Secretary.
President - Jamie Peters, EnergySavvy
Vice President - Ariel Braude, Agentis Energy
Treasurer - Emily McGavisk, West Monroe Partners
Secretary - Jim Armstrong, Lockheed Martin
Director of Communications - Celia Johnson, Future Energy Enterprises
AESP Chicago chapter provides many opportunities to hear the latest news about the energy industry and local issues. Join the hundreds of Energy Services professionals in Chicago on our mailing list. Simply send your name and email to Jim Armstrong to receive chapter updates and invitations to events.
News and Events
3rd Annual AESP Chicago Chapter Rooftop Party
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
20 N. Wacker Drive
Enjoy a beautiful summer evening with the AESP Chicago chapter and friends at our third annual Summer Rooftop Party! Come hang out on the rooftop, network with industry colleagues and relax after work. This celebration will be all about catching up, meeting new people and enjoying the summer evening. There will be complimentary beer, wine and appetizers.
We are seeking sponsors for the event - if your organization would like to sponsor, please contact Chapter President Jamie Peters at email@example.com. Sponsors receive recognition at the event and in all upcoming event communications.RSVP
AESP Chicago Chapter Q2 Meeting - Sustainability Brewery Tour
Where: Revolution Brewing Taproom, 3340 N. Kedzie Avenue, Chicago, IL 60618
When: Thursday, June 16, 2016 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Join us for an exciting kick-off to summer with a Sustainability Brewery Tour at the Revolution Brewing Taproom! Network with fellow energy professionals and hear from Revolution brewery experts on the company's sustainability practices.Your ticket includes two drinks, snacks, and a private brewery tour with the AESP Chicago Chapter. We want to hear about your event and meeting ideas! To host, present or recommend a topic for a future AESP Chicago Chapter Meeting, please email Jamie Peters. Meeting Minutes.
- April 2016 Q1 Chicago Chapter Meeting - The meeting featured a panel presentation exploring commercial building benchmarking - Chicago's industry-leading results to date, the market impact of benchmarking, and how the energy efficiency community can benefit. The event was co-delivered with USGBC-IL. RSVP. Meeting Minutes.
- December 2015 Q4 Chapter Meeting - the panel discussed the "utility of the future" and featured presentations by Clean Energy Trust, ComEd and the Great Plains Institute. (See Chapter Minutes and Slide Deck)
- August 2015 - We hosted a Chapter Training and then enjoyed a beautiful summer evening with the AESP Chicago chapter and friends at our second annual summer rooftop party
- June 2015 Q2 Chicago Chapter Meeting - the panel discussed pending energy efficiency related legislation in Illinois, shifting policies in surrounding states, and how these changes may affect our industry (See slide deck)
- March 2015 - Q1 Event, Franklin Energy, Chapter Minutes
- Thanks for Another Successful AESP National Conference and Expo, we hope it was as valuable for you as it was for the Chapter leadership board! For those of us that missed out on the conference and were stuck in cold Chicago, here are a few highlights from the chapter meeting held at the National Conference in Orlando: Discussed objectives for the year - deeper membership engagement, expanded membership to other energy-related industries and collaboration with other local nonprofit organizations; Brainstormed Chapter opportunities - establishing a potential mentor program and more frequent happy hours (in addition to quarterly meetings); Hot topics - items to focus on and explore in meetings and events; Membership survey - take it today to provide your feedback and make sure your voice is heard
- President and Treasurer Transitions - during the November Chapter meeting we welcomed our new chapter President- Jamie Peters of EnergySavvy and Treasurer- Emily McGavisk of West Monroe Partners. Aimee Skrzekut and Jeff Smith will fully transition their roles to Jamie Peters and Emily McGavisk by February. A huge thank you to Aimee and Jeff for their hard work and dedication to the Chicago Chapter over the last 2 years!
- November 2014 was hosted by Agentis Energy. The meeting included a discussion about electric vehicles with a panel of experts including Samantha Bingham, Environmental Policy Analyst, Department of Transportation, City of Chicago; and Saul Rodriguez, Electric Vehicle Business Development Manager, Nissan North America.
- August 2014 Summer Rooftop Party
- May 2014 – Q2 Event, CB&I, Chapter Minutes - Director of Communications & Secretary Elections
- February 2014 – Q1 meeting, CLEAResult
- November 2013 - We learned about regional policy, home performance and advanced lighting trends and resources
- August 2013 - Chicago Center for Green Technology
- May 2013 - Q2 Meeting Minutes
- February 2013 - Q1 meeting, Chapter President & Treasurer Elections
- November 2012 AESP - Q3 Meeting