Market research and evaluation services are foundational for our industry. With the potential of residing at the intersection of all areas of our industry, research and evaluation provides an informational resource for marketing to implementation to business models to demand response. This Committee serves as a thought leadership and information-sharing platform for all members. You do not need to be an evaluator or researcher to benefit; in fact, we are always excited to engage the perspectives of members who are active in other areas of our industry. These experiences and perspectives enrich all our research and evaluation perspectives. This committee explores a host of issues, including (but not limited to) methodologies, best practices, practical examples of how research and evaluation inform, drive, and shift progress, and regulatory issues affecting evaluation and research requirements and needs. Our committee, which is comprised of a diverse group of utilities, agencies, and contractors, is an information-sharing platform that maintains the mission of advancing market research, evaluation, and green house gas in support of energy services activities and rapidly disseminating valuable information to AESP’s membership.
Topic Committee Leadership
• To sign up to receive topic committee news, if you have questions, or want to get involved, please contact Laura Schauer, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Join our LinkedIn group: AESP Market Research, Evaluation and Green House Gas Topic Committee
• All AESP group and individual memberships include membership in a Topic Committee. To join AESP, follow this link, https://aesp.site-ym.com/general/register_member_type.asp.
Topic Committee Activities
Develop articles for AESP Strategies, develop and present webinars, review abstracts for national conference, recommend awards, discuss relevant topics.
- Non-energy Impacts: We’ve got them, now what? (June 2016 Webinar)
- Strategies articles related to Embedded Evaluations (2015) and Real-Time Evaluation in Real Life: User Research as a Tool in our Toolbox (2016)
- Midstream Mayhem (upcoming 2016/2017)
- Net-to-gross Next Steps: Thinking from Arkansas (upcoming all topic committee meeting in December 2016)
- All topic committee in-person meetings at the National Conference and Spring Conference
- Clean Power Plan EM&V Guidance (series of all topic committee meetings in 2015)
- Currently looking into brown bags and webinars for other topics of interest, including the following topics below. If you have any interest in sharing your work, experiences, or other topics, please contact Laura!
o Common Practice Baselines
o Data and automation (including value of and issues with AMI data in evaluation)
o Evaluating financing programs
o Reporting issues: all the variations
o Baselines and aging load shapes
o Codes and standards
o Customer engagement