Scholarships available for 2018 Spring Conference
Monday, March 12, 2018
Posted by: Adeline Lui
2018 AESP SPRING CONFERENCE
New Professional Scholarship Application
Deadline April 13, 2018
Are you the next AESP scholarship recipient? Three scholarships are available for AESP’s Spring Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, May 21-23, 2018 at the Intercontinental Buckhead Atlanta. The scholarships INCLUDE registration for the conference, a pre-conference training course of your choice and if you’re not a member, we include a one-year membership (total value $1515). PLUS a conference ambassador so you can learn, network, and fully experience AESP’s Spring Conference. This year’s Spring Conference in Atlanta, so it should be a peach to apply for this scholarship.
Qualifications for the New Professional Scholarship are:
• 1-5 years of Energy Efficiency, Demand Response, and/or Smart Grid experience.
• Must be working full time in any of the following energy-related areas: electric or natural gas utilities, co-ops/munis, regulatory or non-profit entities, public benefit groups, vendors, manufacturers, or consulting firms
• Have approval for travel to attend the conference. Note: travel and lodging costs are NOT included in this scholarship
• Scholarship recipients will be required to submit feedback to AESP on what was learned at the conference and how they benefit from it. Recipients are required to attend the New Professionals event on Monday, May 21, 2018. Recipients may be asked to write an article for AESP, and/or post on social media.
• Disclaimer: Please be aware that by submitting this application, you consent to your photo, video, name, and/or likeness being used, without compensation, in all media, whether now known or here after devised, for eternity, and you release AESP, It’s Successors, Assigns and Licensees from any liability whatsoever of any nature.
If you meet the above qualifications, apply for the scholarship by emailing the following information (please limit responses to 100 words per question), as well as a 50-word biography, to suzanne@AESP.ORG by April 13, 2018.
1. How did you first become interested in the energy industry?
2. In what other industries have you worked prior to the energy industry?
3. What other industry conferences (energy or non-energy) have you attended, and what was your level of participation (i.e. attendee, exhibitor, committee member, etc.)?
4. How do you plan to leverage the National conference to achieve your goals, both personal and professional?
5. Which pre-conference training courses interest you most and why? Please rank them in order of your preference:
Building High Performing Teams
Time Management, Conflict Resolution & Stress Management
6. You will be provided a conference ambassador so you can “jump right in.” What type of person do you prefer to be your mentor, any constraints? How do you plan on taking advantage of your mentor’s expertise?
7. I certify that my supervisor will allow travel time to this conference. His/her name is________________________ and can be reached at_________________________.
8. Include the following information so we can contact you, if selected.
9. Are you interested in participating in a live focus group during one of the conference sessions?
In 2015, Atlanta’s City Council unanimously voted to approve the Atlanta Commercial Energy Efficiency Ordinance, which includes the goal of reducing commercial energy consumption 20% by 2020. Give us your best tips for a more energy-efficient commercial building to meet this goal.