AESP Magazine -- Author and Sponsor Opportunities
Monday, December 11, 2017
Posted by: Adeline Lui
You have spoken. Now can you write in AESP Magazine?
Recently, in AESP’s annual survey of our members, we asked what were the top topics you wanted to learn about, and which we will feature in our prestigious annual AESP Magazine, next year.
Now, we are seeking writers. If you have knowledge or a keen interest to explore any of the topics below, this is your chance to be featured in a printed magazine. Don’t pass up this opportunity to share your knowledge and contribute to theEE community. Deadline is December 22.
Limited AESP Magazine Sponsorships are available and include a full color, full page ad in the magazine. Click for more details (https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/aesp.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/Prospectus/AESP_Magazine_2018_Rates.pdf) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AESP Magazine seeks writers on the following topics
- Energy storage – the current state of energy storage and renewables, EVs and distributed generation. Where the industry is realistically on storage? The impact of EVs on utilities (load building?, DR)
- Using data strategically – on how the wealth of data that utilities have about their customers makes them uniquely qualified to act as a trusted energy advisor. Intelligent outreach i.e. how to cost-effectively combine data and marketing strategies to best target customers for outreach
- How to meet cost effectiveness as rising codes and standards have decreased program savings Setting the right incentives, how to keep customers engaged in EE
- The various options for smart home tech. The pros and cons of each, including costs and ease of use. Potential energy savings is the key point.
- Demand Response and TOU Pricing – What are the different approaches to demand response and TOU pricing in the U.S. and abroad? What is on the horizon? What has been found to work?
- Pay for performance approaches & who is using them
- Evolution in EE program design, from the 70s to the present.
- Case studies of novel and creative program designs
- Can we truly electrify everything?" This article could examine the energy gap that electricity would need to fill, the cost of new infrastructure, and the net operating cost implications for ratepayers. Technical and timing realities would also be worthwhile.
- The New Utility Business Model -- How will utilities continue to thrive as revenues are eroded from EE, solar, battery, storage etc. ?
To submit your proposal to author an article, please send an email to email@example.com, with the following information by December 22:
- Subject line: AESP Magazine Call for Writers
- Number and Title of Article (matching the list above)
- A paragraph on why you are qualified to write on this topic (work experience, area of specialty, personal interest on the subject, etc.).
- You may also expand on the description provided and tell us more about what you would cover. The more information you provide, the more it helps the committee to select you.
Articles should be around 1000-2000 words.
Include graphs, charts or photos (jpg) that will support the story.
In keeping with standard publication practices, please remember to provide proper citations for any findings, quotes, graphs, etc. that you reference.
You cannot promote any company, services or products. AESP reserves the right to reject or edit articles that contain promotional elements.
Articles that have already been published are not accepted. However you can publish the article elsewhere -- in your company website, blog, social media, etc. AFTER it has published in AESP Magazine.
Authors to be notified by January 16, 2018.
Draft of article due on March 30.
Publication is mailed to every AESP member in July.