We are seeking an outstanding senior leader to help grow our Energy Efficiency division throughout the Midwest (location flexible to IL, MI, WI). The successful candidate will be responsible for strategic design and implementation of multi-million dollar programs that support our clients in helping their customers to improve the energy efficiency of their facilities and operations, and homes. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of leading the marketing and capture of large energy efficiency procurements. Additionally you will manage a large professional staff, providing day-to-day direction and oversight across multiple states. The successful candidate will also build and strengthen senior client relationships, especially with investor-owned and municipal utilities engaging on issues of strategic direction, quality assurance, and resource allocation.
- Provide outstanding leadership to the Energy Efficiency business within ICF's Energy, Environment, and Transportation Group (EE&T) resulting in effective implementation of business strategies and achievement of quality, profit, growth and other objectives.
- Provide high levels of strategic and business vision, as well as tactical ability to ensure that business objectives are clearly defined and communicated and that internal operations are productive, effective and measurable. Ensure that the EE&T Group is agile and adaptive to changing market conditions.
- Develop, track and report critical business metrics that allow accurate assessment of all aspects of performance, growth, productivity, strategic effectiveness and financial performance. Move aggressively to implement corrective actions needed to achieve objectives.
- Further develop, lead and motivate the team. This will involve evaluating and strengthening the team, as required, to solidify succession plans and enhance management capabilities to meet strategic and operating objectives.
- Work closely with major customers, key alliance partners and management to establish an environment where "Best Practices" are developed and continually improved. Work with all parties to obtain prompt resolution to key business issues likely to impact quality, service and operations.
- Play an active leadership role in the organization and the energy efficiency community.
- Promote a culture of success, pride, performance, discipline and creativity. Be an effective spokesperson and champion for the Energy Efficiency Division and ICF as a whole.
- Bachelor's degree in business or energy related field.
- At least 15 years of experience developing and running successful energy efficiency and demand management implementation programs, with a proven track record of successful business development expertise.
- A proven track record of leadership, having culminated in a position as a senior player within an
- Energy policy and strategy oriented consulting services business unit with a strong energy efficiency program implementation component.
- Experience in multiple sectors, including residential, commercial and industrial, and product development.
- Ability to set and clearly articulate goals/priorities and exhibit a high level of energy and drive to achieve them. A perspective that encourages personal commitment and holds management and support staff accountable for achieving targets.
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing effective relationships with industry stakeholders and service providers in the Midwest, and a full understanding of the dynamics throughout the market.
- Strong experience managing consulting and program implementation projects with both public and private sector clients, including providing quality control and budget accountability.
- Master’s degree in business or energy related field.
- Strong reputation and experience coming from leadership positions within management consulting, electric or gas utilities or the Energy branches of federal or state agencies.
- Outstanding analytical, writing, and communication skills and excellent interpersonal and management skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
About ICF International
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International. Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy, environment, and transportation; health, education, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's website is http://www.icfi.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V
To apply: https://icfi.taleo.net/careersection/icf_prof_ext/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1200000843
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers/