|Press CTRL+P to print this page||Close Window|
|Email this page to a friend|
The Association of Energy Services Professionals, headquartered in Phoenix, AZ (Ahwatukee), has an internship opportunity for the summer. This is a paid internship ($13 an hour), for a duration of 3 months, June to mid-August 2012. It is preferred that the intern be able to commit to 30 hours a week, 9am-4pm, M-F, with an hour lunch break.
About the Association of Energy Services Professionals (AESP)
Founded in 1989 as a not-for-profit association, AESP is a member-based association dedicated to improving the delivery and implementation of energy efficiency, energy management and distributed renewable resources. AESP provides professional development programs, a network of energy practitioners, and promotes the transfer of knowledge and experience. Our members work in the energy services industry and represent electric and natural gas utilities, public benefits associations, regulatory and nonprofit entities, vendors, manufacturers and consulting firms.
AESP provides its members:
• Professional Development and Topic Committees with the industry leaders sharing thoughts, expertise and opportunities, addressing some of the industry’s most pressing issues today
• Tools and Information dedicated to advancing “best practices” from service concept through delivery resulting in increased service efficiency and effectiveness
• National Conferences, Brown Bag weminars, Education, Training and Professional Papers for all levels of experience providing tangible, actionable information helping everyone do their jobs more effectively
• Networking to identify potential opportunities and partnerships
The intern will be primarily assigned to the following two projects. However, the intern also has the opportunity to contribute in other areas (writing, social media, etc.) depending on his/her expressed interest. The intern will also be invited to attend energy efficiency webinars to enhance their learning experience.
1. Updating Member and Supplier Databases
The intern will contact AESP members via phone or email to obtain updated information for the member and supplier databases.
2. Utilities’ Energy Efficiency Programs Research Project
The intern will perform online research on U.S. utility companies’ energy efficiency programs and compile a list of programs.
Through completion of the assigned projects and participation in other association activities, we expect that the intern will gain from the experience in the following manner:
· Obtain a broad overview of the national gas and electric utility landscape specifically in the area of energy efficiency.
· Know the players in the energy efficiency industry (companies and contacts) from the utility companies, vendors and consultants.
· Gain in-depth knowledge of various energy efficiency programs currently implemented throughout the country.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will close on 4/27/2012.
Phoenix (Ahwatukee), AZ