The AESP Nominating Committee is seeking candidates for positions on AESP's 2017 Board of Directors. If you would like to nominate an AESP member for a position on the board or self-nominate, please respond to Claudia Huss at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 5, 2016. This deadline cannot be extended.
Please provide the member's name, title, company, email address, telephone number, and a brief paragraph explaining why you think he/she would make a good leader of the Association.
Description must include:
Your nomination should mention how the member has recently served the Association, such as involvement in a Topic Committee or Local Chapter, writing articles for Strategies, preparing and/or presenting an AESP Brown Bag Webinar, attendance at AESP conferences and the length of time he/she has been a member of the Association.
Finally, please ensure that the person you are nominating is interested in being considered to serve on the AESP Board of Directors and is aware that a nomination by you is not a guarantee of appearing on the slate. Proposed candidates may be interviewed by the Nominating Committee prior to the development of the final slate of nominees.
A description of Board Member responsibilities is included here for your information.
Board Member Responsibilities
Membership on the AESP Board provides outstanding opportunities for both service and leadership to the energy industry. AESP has been a thought leader in the marketing and application of products, services, energy efficiency and demand response since 1990.
Each member of the Board brings his/her unique set of experiences, ideas, support and time to help deliver the AESP mission to members and the industry. Board members gain value directly through networking and interacting with other Board members and with the overall membership.
In addition, the board members gain exposure for themselves, their organizations and their constituencies. Since 1990, many energy professionals have served the Association with their time, talent and support. Board members address the key issues, challenges and trends facing the energy industry on behalf of the membership.
Listed below are the main responsibilities, activities and time requirements to be a contributing member of the Board.
Important Note: If you are elected, you are required to attend the board meeting in Orlando, FL in person on Thursday, February 16, 2017 where you will be officially installed on the board.
Board member roles/commitments:
- Provide strategic leadership and vision
- Develop and monitor policies
- Contribute ideas, business contacts, diverse industry perspectives, and resources
- Promote AESP benefits and image
- Actively participate in the "business" of the AESP through board and member activities
- Provide financial support via group membership, when possible, as well as promoting AESP membership and participation in its events
- A three-year commitment to serve as a board member
- Annual membership in the association
- Identification of actual or perceived conflicts of interest via a COI statement
- Attendance at quarterly board meetings. Currently, meetings are six hours in length and most are scheduled to coincide with other AESP/energy industry events. Meetings are in person and travel expenses are covered by the individual director.
- Contribution to the conduct, management and affairs of the association via policy development, fiscal management, board nominations, and proposal of bylaw amendments to the general membership as needed.
Other desirable activities include:
- Attend and contribute at AESP events
- Maintain a working knowledge of AESP's purpose, products, services and plans
- Volunteer for tasks and follow through on commitments
- Assist in marketing AESP during professional and business activities as appropriate
- Actively participate in the development of the strategic plan and support the objectives and tactics identified